Is the narwhal one woman’s Moby Dick? Probably not, but NPR investigates anyways.
- Jacket Copy interviews Lemony Snicket author Daniel Handler about curating the CD for the Believer’s annual music issue. (Thanks Largehearted Boy)
- Indie Bound checks out another “indie city” (in this case a tiny state), Rhode Island.
- Bless the misspelled signs of New York.
- The Guardian suggests that you schlep a heavy book around.
- You can win a trip to Stockholm thanks to Stieg Larsson if you give your info to Random House.
- Justin Taylor scores at a thrift store.
- And finally, the world has lost a Jerry Lewis impersonator. (Thanks WFMU)