By Jason Diamond
Come on city of my birth (that being Chicago), this is the worst poetry you can do? No sonnets about Mike Ditka? Not a single haiku on Hot Dougs? Seriously people, come on!
- If I ever needed one quote from The Awl to sum up the love I feel for that website, then I have found it with “If our Congress can be measured on a scale of feces (and it should), Senator Byron Leslie Dorgan is closer to adorable rabbit droppings than, say, the diseased swine diarrhea that is Michele Bachmann (R-MN)…”
- Flavorwire has a wonderful photo essay on “Raymond Chandler’s LA“. (Thanks The Rumpus)
- I’m torn between I love the Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure or the Back to the Future one more.
- Largehearted Boy let’s Lev Grossman (The Magicians) pick out some songs he likes.
- Barnes and Noble gets their asses handed to them.
- Come January, I will probably see everybody reading the follow-up to Eat, Pray, Love on my daily commute. Not exactly sure if this falls under the “great literature” category that I kvetched about the other day.
- I usually could care less about Norah Jones news, but the fact that she has enlisted Will Sheff of Okkervil River to help co-write songs perks my interest a bit.