Remember yesterday when I said more Jewish people will kvetch about Amos Oz or Philip Roth not getting the Nobel Prize for Literature? Tablet mentions the Tribe losing out, talks about Herta Mueller, and ties it all up with “Also intriguing: the Times notes that her father served in the SS during World War II.”
- Ray Bradbury was a regular Bob Ross.
- The Forward talks about Elie Wiesel’s “meandering, sometimes, narcissistic ruminations” on medieval French commentator of the Talmud and Hebrew Bible, Rashi.
- Three Guys One Book totally love Totally Killer.
- The Millions says goodbye to Gourmet.
- Banned Book Week was celebrated in Greenpoint.
- Harry Connick Jr. doesn’t like blackface. Even if it’s done in Australia.
- Cool, so now Rep. Joe Wilson can scream about the above mentioned prize, and maybe raise another $2.7 million.
- The return of Brooklyn’s last seltzer delivery guy