“[Zeitgeists] surface and submerge, then resurface with slightly different names and faces, like Benjamin’s description of Paul Klee’s Angelus Novus.” Lidia Yuknavitch, at The Rumpus, discusses the urgency of books.
- Frank Kovarik on gender bias in literature.
- Everyday Genius has a new story from Amelia Gray, “Loop.” She’ll also be reading in NYC later this month along with Chris Adrian.
- Both Knee-Jerk and Publishing Genius are seeking submissions: essays, chapbooks, manuscripts, and more.
- Molly Templeton ventures to Symphony Space to see Neil Gaiman participate in Selected Shorts.
- Jessica Hopper reviews Gang Gang Dance’s latest, Eye Contact.