Yesterday we were able to finally be given an opportunity to put up a picture of The Yuppie Handbook. Today we’re happy to help figure out if you’re a nurd by way of National Lampoon’s Gentleman’s Bathroom Companion, from 1975 (Via The Trad). Happy Friday!
- The world really cares a lot about Tao Lin getting Bill Clegg to be his agent.
- Dave Eggers on the teachers that encouraged him to write.
- “Whether it’s Fleet Foxes or Friendly Fires, Black Angels or Beach House, today’s bands are less likely to battle the past than to luxuriate in it.” – From the review at The New Republic of Simon Reynolds Retromania: Pop Culture’s Addiction to Its Own Past.
- Nick Zinner of The Yeah Yeah Yeah’s composition, 41 Strings.
- Jens Lekman finally starts to give us some new music.
- The food that influenced Louis Armstrong.