The new issue of Paris Review is out. Appearances by Lydia Davis, Dennis Cooper, Geoff Dyer, and more.
- Benjamin Hale contributes an essay over at Fortnight Journal.
- While we were busy cooking hot dogs and celebrating not having to labor, everybody wrote about Tavi Gevinson’s new site Rookie. We’re excited about it also, so we figured if for some reason you missed out on hearing about it, we just hooked you up.
- Michael Chabon talks to the Chicago Tribune about his book for kids. He wanted to call it Go the Fuck to Sleep, but that name was already taken.
- The Brooklyn Rail reports on the forthcoming slew of books on indie presses.
- David Lynch’s influence on today’s music.