“This is not Harry Potter, it’s a 1,600-page translation from Japanese.” – The world awaits the release of Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84.
- “I’m not very interested in people.” – Joan Didion is profiled in New York Magazine.
- Kevin Canfield of Salon wants to know if Harper Perennial is the imprint that will change publishing for the better.
- With the upcoming 125th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty’s dedication, Nextbook Press has created an interactive version of Emma Lazarus’ “The New Colossus.”
- Neal Pollack is interviews about his e-book, Jewball, at The Nervous Breakdown.
- What would Hemingway think about the last bullfighter in Catalonia?