That’s Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln for the Dec. 2012 film “Lincoln,” which is based on Doris Kearns Goodwin’s book Team of Rivals. (Via)
- “It was the weekly meeting of The New Inquiry, a scrappy online journal and roving clubhouse that functions as an Intellectuals Anonymous of sorts for desperate members of the city’s literary underclass barred from the publishing establishment.” – The New Inquiry gets a big writeup at the New York Times.
- Tired of signing every hot contemporary author up for television deals, HBO is gonna make some William Faulkner films.
- You can ban Judy Blume, but you can’t stop the love that most people feel for her.
- Publishers Weekly gives us the worst book ever.
- Bon Iver is probably going to win a Grammy.
- “What Fugazi would have sounded like if they were from Manchester circa 1978, had no hardcore pedigree and had their stuff put out on the Hyped 2 Death reissue series.” – Jason Diamond talks about the Australian band Eddy Current Suppression Ring at Impose.