Tonight is the night: Vol. 1 and The Jewish Book Council Present: The New Yiderati: Redefining the Jewish Experience in Literature at Housing Works. There will be drinking time taking place where ou chug your beer once when somebody says “Philip Roth,” two chugs if anybody says “Cynthia Ozick.”
- We might discuss how Ben Marcus “may be the best Jewish writer in America.”
- Kris D’Agostino tells Largehearted Boy his Book Notes for The Sleepy Hollow Family Almanac.
- 3:AM Magazine continues their look at the complete works of Studs Turkel.
- Dave Hill gives some advice over at Rookie.
- Do Mad Men characters talk like people from the 1960s?
- The Secret Service is “welfare,” until some guy is screaming “Sic semper tyrannis!” while brandishing a tiny pistol.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and our Tumblr.