“All I could think of upon hearing this was that vibrating moment when the young Jay Gatz, not yet Gatsby, sees his future arrive in the guise of a yacht dropping anchor on Lake Superior.” – The real life of Alan Feuer in the New York Times.
- John Steinbeck’s dispatches from the Vietnam War.
- Book Boroughing has their picks for the PEN World Voices Festival.
- Tolstoy and Dostoevsky do battle for the hearts of readers.
- Macmillan and Penguin standing their ground.
- Sasha Frere-Jones offers his verdict on Kraftwerk at MoMA.