Consider this our way of saying goodbye to the malaise that inevitably sets in as September creeps up. We here at Vol. 1 have been teasing about this for weeks now, and we’re finally coming clean: we’re hosting an amazing reading at the end of August. On August 23, at Culturefix (9 Clinton Street on the LES), we’ll be hearing prose and poetry from:
- Marci Blackman, author of Po Man’s Child and Tradition
- Melissa Broder, author of Meat Heart and When You Say One Thing But Mean Your Mother
- Miles Klee, author of Ivyland
- Justin Taylor, author of Everything Here Is the Best Thing Ever
- Ariana Reines, author of Coeur de Lion and Mercury
- Michael Robbins, author of Alien vs. Predator
Come join us! It’s going to be great. And we’ll give you a present* if you can guess what the name of the reading is a reference to.
*The present is our lasting love and admiration, which should be enough, okay?
Also: RSVP at Facebook.