Breaking! Libba Bray picks “Roadrunner” by The Modern Lovers as one of her songs in her turn at Largehearted Boy’s “Book Notes”. This makes us like her even more.
- Last night saw Thurston Moore reading Naked Lunch to a packed house at St. Marks Church. Next we find the Sonic Youth leader starting a publishing company.
- The Desk Set talk about rare book librarians.
- Yesterday was the 160th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe’s death. We failed by not making mention of this. January Magazine did not make the same mistake.
- I don’t even eat meat, but I am totally in support of the blog Save the Deli putting out a a book.
- Michael Crichton’s widow wants a bunch of money. She’s sad because has so far only received two million dollars.
- The “Bill Ayers wrote President Obama’s book” conspiracy: can’t stop, won’t stop.
- McSweeney’s comes up with the awesome “Brocycolopedia“. This is somewhat crucial.
- I really don’t get why David Lynch is so obsessed with Au Revoir Simone. (Thanks Brooklyn Vegan)
- Philip Glass was once a plumber? (Thanks The Rumpus)
- The 90’s revival just got a bit better as Jawbox is reuniting on Jimmy Fallon.
- Right before Where the Wild Things Are comes out, director Spike Jonze has a documentary about him showing at MoMa.
- Over at Impose, they don’t seem to be impressed by Wild Things.
- Fucked in Park Slope on Cliches & Brooklyn