An abstract from Dread and Superficiality: Woody Allen as Comic Strip, a new book to be published next month, is available at the Guardian.
- Arcade Fire’s a lucky band. Spike Jonze was “thinking of them almost every step of the way” in making his famous film.
- Rather than insular, is American Literature “borderless”?
- From the NYRB, a podcast on Herta Müller, the 2009 Nobel laureate in literature. Vol. 1 touched on Müller and her recent win last week.
- “Is there anything more American than Chinese food?” The Book Bench interviews Andrew Coe on his new history Chop Suey: A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States.
- Baseball in the Fall just might make for a very satisfying read.
- South By Southwest mania has begun.
- And PEN America‘s new issue examines “make believe,” or faith and fiction.